How to setup & manage SSO in XY Application
XY Sense supports SSO (Single Sign On) integration for identity providers that support Open ID connect, this enables ease of logging into the XY Sense application via SSO removing the need to maintain multiple logins. SSO integration enables IT administrators to manage & configure access to the XY Sense Application.
- Your SSO provider must support Open ID Connect (OIDC)
- Let XY Sense know you are would like to enable SSO for your organisation via Zendesk 'Leave a Message' in the web-app or emailing XY Sense
- You need to have completed Set up instructions for your Identity Provider
- You need these values ready - Client ID, Client Secret and Issuer (Your SSO domain) from your ID Provider
- You need to have access to the XY Application with
CustomerAdminpermission to complete the integration
|Identity Provider||Setup Instructions|
|Okta||How to Setup SSO for Okta
|Microsoft Azure AD||How to Setup SSO for Azure AD|
Enable SSO integration in XY Application
- Log into your account on the XY Application https://app.xysense.io/
- Go to Admin > Single Sign On (from Left-hand bar) - If you do not see this option. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enable this for your instance.
- Click Enable button
- Enter the Sign in Display Name (Shows on the 'Sign in with ____' button), Client ID, Client Secret and Issuer (Your SSO domain) and click Save.
- Click on the Ok button in the pop-up dialog
- The confirmation message should appear. Please contact the support team in case of any problem. The Okta SSO integration is enabled now and all assigned employees can login via Okta.
Configure Default SSO User Permissions
- Navigate to Admin>Single Sign On in the XY Application
- Select 'Edit default permissions' button
- In the pop-up, select the permissions you would like first time SSO users to be granted when logging into the XY Application. We recommend
ViewLocationsas the starting point.
- ViewLive - enables users to view the 'Live tab' - real-time live view of occupancy & detections for any given site/floor
- ViewLocations - enables users to view the 'Locations tab' - overview of all the sites, floors and their floor plans and mapped spaces.
Note: For changes to permissions for individual users, Users with CustomerAdmin access will be able to configure the permissions for each individual user in Admin>Users.
Disable SSO integration in XY Application
- Log into the XY Application and go to Admin>Single Sign on
- Click the Disable button
The SSO integration is now disabled - all users that previously accessed the app via SSO will not be able to access the XY Application. SSO must be re-enabled for access into the XY Application or users must setup another account and be invited to login to the application via email & password - please contact XY Sense Support.